Myspace Layouts

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When Life Gives You Liver, Fast & Pray!

I was sitting here at my computer thinking about the saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade," and couldn't help but wonder who would have coined that phrase. I mean honestly lemons are a little sour, but they are so very good. Liver quickly popped into mind, and I thought now that's a pretty disgusting food if I may say so myself. Liver is nasty, it stinks, and you can't cover up the taste or smell of it no matter who cooks it up for you. I am sure that your taste buds have to be deceived in order to even enjoy eating it. I thought... lemons? There are times in our lives when liver is thrown at us instead of lemons! 
I mean seriously...sometimes our minds, hearts, and bodies will go through extreme attacks of the devil in order to cause us to turn back from pursuing the promised life in Christ. The Bible says that the devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy. There are times in our lives where we go through a very intense buffeting from the enemy. A plan of extreme pressure is plotted against us by our adversary in order to rob us of peace, joy, love, & the promised abundant life in Christ; Times that seem like war is relentlessly being waged against us in the spirit realm, but God... 
Although God is not the responsible party, He still allows these times in our lives. We cannot always see what God is doing beneath the surface of it all. All we can see is the trouble, the pain, the afflictions, however, God is allowing it all for his divine purpose. He is using all of it to shape our character for His use. He has a plan to increase us in His spirit as we go through the decreasing of our flesh that the trials bring. I take comfort in Ps. 34:19 which says, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all." When life throws something nasty at me, I don't want to take it & build upon it until it becomes something that is acceptable, but I determine to trust God until He delivers me from those circumstances. I was thinking...lemons aren't so bad at all, but if liver were to be thrown at you, that would definitely stink! Well, my life has been given a lot of liver over the past couple of years so I determined not to take that nasty stuff, cook it up a special little way, and try to accept it as good. I say, "When life throws you liver, fast & pray!"  Fast & pray until every hindrance, stronghold, & attack of the devil is destroyed. Fast and pray until the powers of darkness flee! 
Even though we are promised afflictions, persecutions, battles, and a cross to carry, God is on our side. He sees the whole picture and the end of the story. He is Almighty, All powerful, and all knowing. He is the one true living God, and there is none other like Him. I will run & hide under the shadow of His wings, and eat the good stuff from His table!

No comments:

Post a Comment