Myspace Layouts

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 13, 2010

A Confession for the Mouth

I Peter 3:10-12 is a very small portion of scripture, but it is power packed. Part of it is actually a rewrite of a section in the Book of Wisdom, Proverbs. I was riding down the road recently with a good friend of mine, and I told her that I had taken this section of the Word and personalized it to use it for a confession. I believe that one of the most significant areas of our lives is what we choose to allow to come out of our mouths. If life and death are in the power of the tongue, then everything that we speak creates; it forms. It is important that we watch the words that we speak because our words do matter, and we will give an account for them. Many times, I have asked God to forgive me for words that I spoke that I shouldn't have, words that did not build up and encourage. We will even answer for every idle word; words that carry no weight and are ineffective. Matt. 12:36 says, "and I say to you , that every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the day of judgment." OUCH! As I sit here typing this, conviction is falling on me. I had to say, "God, please forgive me of every careless word that I have used." Recently, I have noticed so many carelessly doing this; not realizing what negative outcome that they are creating for their future. Some people believe that curse words are only a few mostly four-lettered words, but that is not so. Any words that do not build, bless, and bring life... are tearing down, cursing, and killing. We all have been so guilty of this. "Jesus, Please forgive us & help us to teach & train our tongues to bless, build, and bring life into every person that we come across and into every situation of our lives, and help us to quickly realize when we are falling into this trap." Stop right now and read I Peter 3:10-12. There is a whole bible right here on my blog. Go to the right-hand margin of this page & scroll down a bit. ... Now that you have read it, can you see where our words are vitally important. We need to stop being so reckless with them.  Here is the declaration that I made from this passage of scripture; I pray that it helps you.

I choose this day, (date______________,) to refrain my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking guile. I choose not to use my words recklessly or tear others down with them, but only to build others and speak life into every situation. I choose not to lie, deceive, gossip, slander, speak against, or pass judgment on my neighbor because I am determined to love life and see good days. I will seek peace and pursue it with everyone. Jesus, I ask that your eyes would be upon me because I am in right standing with you, and I ask that your ears would be attentive to my prayers because I make a conscience decision to do what is right in your eyes. I refuse to do any evil works, and I ask that you help my spirit man to be strong and to overcome any evil desires of my flesh. I choose to guard myself from sinning with my mouth this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment